Welcome to the HMS Library on the web!
Useful Links for Students
Library Hours: Daily, 7:45-2:30
Also available for classes and guest speakers as needed.
Teacher forms to reserve technology
Student library aides and I are eager to serve the HMS learning community! We offer assistance with selecting print and electronic research materials, some technology troubleshooting, and support for the integration of instructional technology. Student aides focus a portion of their time on promoting various pieces or genres of literature as well as designing displays and collections of resources to help our faculty and students understand current events. We lead the charge in the promotion of literature as well as ethical use of digital resources. Additionally, we have a "Maker Space" in our workroom where students can use digital media and our iMac to create presentations, videos, and projects they love!
We encourage student use of the library's literary and electronic resources. Here are a few guidelines to remember in order to use our materials responsibly:
- Students may check out two books at a time for a period of two weeks. Exceptions may be made in special circumstances, with permission from the librarian.
- Overdue fines will be .10 per day that a material is late.
- If a book is lost, the replacement fee (well below what it actually costs to replace a lost item) is $15.00.
- Printing in black & white is .10 per sheet.
- Printing in color is .25 per sheet.
- Copies are .25 per sheet.
Last year we participated in the global Hour of Code event. Below are links to
coding sites that HMS students enjoyed.